Every new member receives a “Welcome Pack” containing Membership card, the Members’ Handbook, a password & login to the Members’ Area which has exclusive content only for subscribed members, back copies of BOS Magazines for the year and a complimentary pack of origami paper e-members receive all the above (except the paper), but in digital format. Your membership runs for a calendar year, January to December. You will receive all 6 magazines for the year in which you join, so make sure you download any pdf versions before the year ends.
As a BOS member:
- You will receive six superb colour hard copy magazines a year (plus a downloadable pdf version). e-members receive the downloadable pdf versions. These contain new & exclusive folding diagrams, origami news and much more
- You can access information from our Members Area, containing early back issues of our magazine and huge numbers of unpublished diagrams
- Meet fellow folders! This is always one of the main benefits that members see in joining us. You can attend one of our local “mini-meetings” around the UK,
- You can sign up to BOSmail – our private mailing list with lots of origami news
- 10% discount on all BOS products within our Supplies page (run by Color tree Ltd)
- You have access to our Library & archive based in Colchester – this contains rare books, diagrams, folded models, booklets and magazines from over 50 years of the Society, and from further back in origami history.
- Normally we hold 2 Conventions a year – in the Spring and Autumn – temporarily postponed due to Covid and replaced by online conventions ;).
- Learn or develop your paper-folding skills. We have many members (some with over 40 years experience – they never leave us!) who will be delighted to share their experience & help you,
- If you enjoy being a member, in time you may wish to become involved in the development and running of the Society. We are run by volunteers and are always looking for new ones – Don’t be shy, we always need fresh faces and new ideas.
If you have any questions, please contact the Membership Secretary.