Every new member receives a “Welcome Pack” containing Membership card, the Members’ Handbook, a password & login to the Members’ Area which has exclusive content only for subscribed members, back copies of BOS Magazines for the year and a complimentary pack of origami paper e-members receive all the above (except the paper), but in digital format.
The BOS will be launching our new website on 01/01/22. As well as improved navigation and expanded content, it will introduce a brand new membership system. In essence, you will be able to join at any time and your membership will last for 12 months from that date. You will have access to all new magazines within that 12 month period and also to a growing collection of earlier issues. The new system will be straight-forward and as simple as we can make it, but help will be available if you have any issues.
If you are looking to renew an existing membership, we ask you to please wait & register in the New Year. The first magazine of 2022 will be released in February, so there is no need to rush. More details to follow.
As a BOS member:
- You will receive six superb colour hard copy magazines a year (plus a downloadable pdf version). e-members receive the downloadable pdf versions. These contain new & exclusive folding diagrams, origami news and much more
- You can access information from our Members Area, containing early back issues of our magazine and huge numbers of unpublished diagrams
- Meet fellow folders! This is always one of the main benefits that members see in joining us. You can attend one of our local “mini-meetings” around the UK,
- You can sign up to BOSmail – our private mailing list with lots of origami news
- 10% discount on all BOS products within our Supplies page (run by Color tree Ltd)
- You have access to our Library & archive based in Colchester – this contains rare books, diagrams, folded models, booklets and magazines from over 50 years of the Society, and from further back in origami history.
- Normally we hold 2 Conventions a year – in the Spring and Autumn – temporarily postponed due to Covid and replaced by online conventions ;).
- Learn or develop your paper-folding skills. We have many members (some with over 40 years experience – they never leave us!) who will be delighted to share their experience & help you,
- If you enjoy being a member, in time you may wish to become involved in the development and running of the Society. We are run by volunteers and are always looking for new ones – Don’t be shy, we always need fresh faces and new ideas.
If you have any questions, please contact the Membership Secretary.